Making It....What's Your Definition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making It....What's Your Definition

I'm sure everyone within our community has their own idea about what "making it" or "getting on" means. So spell it out: What's your definition of "Making It" and how do you plan on bringing that definition to reality?

-Sa'id

sigpic
    The BeatTips Manual, 5th Edition
    Available now!

BeatTips - The most trusted name in beatmaking and hip hop/rap music education.

my definition of making it or getting on is when a famous artist are like bezely i need u to hook me up with a track or when im well know producer all around the world i mean thats what i would like but i love music to death so no matter what id always do it even if i didnt make it but i want to so my daughter will be set for life shes my everything but don't get it twisted bezely wanna be set to but my plans to making it real is getting on it working harder at beats, bettering myself ,networking, traveling to places where there chance i can make it, but i could go but there's my response

Comment

i just love making music man, as corny as it sounds i feel ive made it already
      LiVin' Peace Productions http://www.lvp.me/index.shtml
      My Beats www.myspace.com/amazingpagez

Comment

Making it can be an internal thing. Whereas you overcome certain obstacles that you would have never thought you would. Creating music your way is also good self boost to where you know you have a quality talent. Yet another part always remains that you do not want to be just local. You want the world to recognize what you've done. Everybody wants a million dollars!! So that's neither here nor there. I personally would like to leave an impact where people say "he was nice on the boards". An honorable mention along wit "the greats" is legacy enough for me.....
        A Kid Named Cus
        Writer for Beattips.com
        twitter.com/kidcus

Comment

id honestly just like to live off this. i dont have to be rich or none of that i dont care about none of that. i could care less if my name was even credited.

if i could just live comfortably and have the basics in life from just making beats ive made it in my mind.

its like dave chappelle said somewhere, when his parents or someone was telling him to get a real job or something. he said something along the lines of

if i can make what a teacher makes, doing what i like to do then im happy.

and thats word man.

if i could make like 30-50 thousand a year doing nothing but making beats. id be the happiest guy ever.

as far as getting there tho, thats the hard part. all im really doing about it is continuing to make beats and trying to improve, but shit man, as far as networking and that im no good. my biggest reason is im in akron ohio lol, and another reason, is i wouldnt wanna live somewhere where all the oppurtunities and shit are at.

im not a big city type of dude id hate living in NY or LA. i mean i could see living like out away from it in driving distance or something but even that i dont know. i like being able to get away from all the bullshit that involves people know what i mean. theres nothing more relaxing then just taking a drive out through the country know what im saying or just sitting in like my uncles backyard, in one of them swing-seats drinking a beer and just chilling where you cant hear cars and shit and all that. its mad humbling. i dont know im a weirdo

but word, at least i got the internet, ima just do all i can on here.

Comment

to get recognized as having contributed to my local scene... nothing more really, i dont care if i ever sell a record or get a gig or anything.

Comment

yo

Originally posted by uhohbeats View Post
              id honestly just like to live off this. i dont have to be rich or none of that i dont care about none of that. i could care less if my name was even credited.

if i could just live comfortably and have the basics in life from just making beats ive made it in my mind.

its like dave chappelle said somewhere, when his parents or someone was telling him to get a real job or something. he said something along the lines of

if i can make what a teacher makes, doing what i like to do then im happy.

and thats word man.

if i could make like 30-50 thousand a year doing nothing but making beats. id be the happiest guy ever.

as far as getting there tho, thats the hard part. all im really doing about it is continuing to make beats and trying to improve, but shit man, as far as networking and that im no good. my biggest reason is im in akron ohio lol, and another reason, is i wouldnt wanna live somewhere where all the oppurtunities and shit are at.

im not a big city type of dude id hate living in NY or LA. i mean i could see living like out away from it in driving distance or something but even that i dont know. i like being able to get away from all the bullshit that involves people know what i mean. theres nothing more relaxing then just taking a drive out through the country know what im saying or just sitting in like my uncles backyard, in one of them swing-seats drinking a beer and just chilling where you cant hear cars and shit and all that. its mad humbling. i dont know im a weirdo

but word, at least i got the internet, ima just do all i can on here.
              yo uh oh. i worked wit sum dudes from ur area. they called the yung saps. short for sopranos i think. i did a few sessions wit dem...
              A Kid Named Cus
              Writer for Beattips.com
              twitter.com/kidcus

Comment

word? i just looked them up, there style differs greatly from what im doing, but who knows down the road when i get more into original compositions i might try and link up with them.

Comment

I have "made it" as a bass player when I was in a signed band. It was a rapid burst of being in magazines and on television and doing big tours, but it also ended after a year.

So to me, making it is really all about establishing a long term career where you can do music full time and your name is synonymous with quality and professionalism.

Comment

yo meth, who'd you play with? just wondering

Comment

I'd rather lay low on that but you can PM and ill tell you.

I can say that I also ended up playing with rap artists also because of my label. So I shared the stage with Fat Joe and Nappy Roots. I was talking with Nappy about playing some bass on their next release, but they got the shaft and got dropped.

I really liked those guys a lot. Very fun to tour with and just good people.

Comment

word thats really dope man. i never really checked them other then there singles but i was feeling there singles. but word thats dope man.

Comment

I just want a production credit on a major album...

Comment

To me, making it is when you feel comfortable enough to not work another job to make ends meet but not too comfortable where you can just rest on your previous work.

If that makes sense to anyone...

-1-

Comment

Triple Edit:

1st: For my tracks to invoke stong emotion in people, the type of music where people tell you, "_____ got me through a rough time", make shit that's timeless.

2nd: To be acknowledged by the legends in the game, as an ill producer

#1 might sound corny but I think that's what seperates good producers from great ones
                              Last edited by Diggin' In The Crates; 02-25-2009, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X