Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^ Ditto fam!! This is what they call "Trolling" @ it's best. Keep it mashin Sa'id!!
    TruthNOC
    www.battlerapblog.com
    www.battlerapbeats.com
    https://soundcloud.com/battlerapbeats

Comment

Ok, I tried to leave it as it is, but it was not only me who did draw some false conclusions (for which I apologized) but also you guys are doing so and you're not at all apologizing for that. For every point which I made and which I realized was unfair I apologized. On the other hand, you guys are drawing conclusions and making assumptions which do not hold up either. Just want to make some points clear here:

Originally posted by Sa'id View Post
      Listen, I don't know what the fuck "flame-war'ing" is. And it concerns me, because that's the FIRST time I've seen that phrase in TBC. I'm not feeling that vibe that was brought here by you... I addressed all that I needed to address clearly and without any room for misinterpretation. I don't need to "pick apart your words" because all you've done here is misrepresent what I've written—CLEARLY.
      It was not my intention to begin a 'flame-war'. I apologized for my insults and from then on I was discussing fairly neutral. It was YOU Sa'id who began discussing about what should be written in the forum and what not:

Originally posted by Sa'id
      keep this in mind: You could have emailed me directly with your concerns, questions, or grievances instead of writing here (in a thread about reviews ofThe BeatTips Manual), and implying that The Art of Sampling is some attempt by me to "fool" people.
      So what else is this than the suggestion that I should NOT have written the first post in the forum but instead I should have mailed it to you? It was not me who invented some random assumption about censorship. Also in the posts after that, I never accused you for censorship, I just made my point clear why I continue writing here.

But, just three posts into your registered time here in TBC, this is what you chose do?
      And all of this was within just your first *6 posts in TBC...
      I'm not sure what your aims were, or why you felt the need for immediate hostility just after joining TBC
      With those two sentences you are supposing that I just entered the community to start some trouble. But you disrespect my very first two posts. I originally registered to write a very positive review, here in the very same thread because it already contained other reviews apart from that of Martin Smith. So the reason I registered here was because I wanted to let you know my appreciation of your work. And I had a look at the community posts and had (and still have) the opinion that it is a good place. My second post was a very detailed post about auto chop in the MPC to help out a fellow beatmaker who was wondering about how to get it to work. See this thread.
      Only then, after I bought 'The Art Of Sampling' I wrote this negative 'review'. I decided to write it here because I did not want to open a new forum account for theartofsampling.com and I thought that it would be appropriate that I share both my good and my bad experience in the same thread.
      So please understand that your assumptions about "immediate hostality" are WRONG. The reason for me being upset was and still is the doubled chapters in the two books. This is the only reason I was upset and this is the only reason why I started this here. By accusing me to just throw around with some random hostality only makes one point clear: You are not able to accept my criticism and instead want to imply that everything I wrote is bullshit and everything was just invented to start some trouble. I am very sorry, but I cannot accept how you try to override everything I wrote here.

This should've been squashed easily a couple posts ago, as soon as it was clear that (1) you never read my book in its entirety; and (2) the fact that the item description on my store's buy page clearly stated what was included. At that point, a simple, "My mistake, I was unclear about the actual material in the book when I purchased it" would've been suffice.
      This is exactly what I did in the first post after my misled 'review'. I wrote in the first sentences: "First of all you're right, I did not read the Art Of Sampling in its entirety. So I am sorry for having blamed you for the '90% copy-paste' while it is actually a (much) smaller amount". And: "Now after your explanations and after having a closer look at the book I do understand and highly respect the effort you did put into 'The Art Of Sampling', especially concerning the fair use / copyright sections".
      In this second post I explained how I came to write the first post. I reacted to the things you wrote and discussed with you about it. After I had written the first post, I apologized for some statements in this post. But still there were some valid things about the book which I wanted to make clear. What followed from your side was to take everything I wrote and to interpret it as if I would continue insulting you. But you did not realize that I was no longer insulting you. If you would disregard the first post and only look at the following posts, and try to understand my points in a friendly way, you would see that the other posts were by far not as offensive as you think they were.

Originally posted by jjbing3
      Besides, I didnt see his beatmaking or sampling book posted.
      So with this statement you want to accuse me for not owning the book at all and just rioting around without knowing the book? What kind of bullshit is that? First of all, Sa'id was able to verify that I bought the book here. Second, I am accused here for making trouble and to spread insults. But with this statement, actually you are insulting me by suggesting that I invented some random stuff. So in what kind are you thinking that your discussion is better than mine. For real, keep out of this!

----------------------------

So to sum up everything: There have been points in my posts which were not justified and unfair, which I apologized for. And after reading the explanations about the conception of the books I also took back the insults and apologized for those as well. While I may have misinterpreted statements you made, please accept that English is not my native language and that I may not have been able to get all points you made. But what I do understand is that if any of my statements leave room for interpretation, you're trying to interpret them in the most negative way:
      • I write 'copy-pasting' and you understand take it as an insult against the integrity of your work
      • I make clear why I want to continue writing here, and you are assuming that I accuse you to do censorship
      • I write that 'I feel very much fooled' and what you think is that I assume you want to fool the whole community (although this statement was only about that >>I<< feel fooled)

In a forum and in internet communication in general there is the problem that it is never as easy to understand what the other one means as it is in face-to-face-communication. And I may have misinterpreted things you wrote. But please respect that it also applies the other way around. There were things I stated which YOU misinterpreted in exactly the same way as I did.

At the end, you may ignore everything I wrote. It doesn't matter for me because I gave up the hope to explain my points in an objective way. Nevertheless, I don't give up the point that I am disappointed about the doubled chapters in both books. No matter how long you try to convince me or others of how bad my arguments are and how superior yours are, I am and will stay disappointed about it. I NEVER discovered that half of one book is contained in the other book. Maybe that is justified in case of 'The BeatTips Manual 5th Edition' and 'The BeatTips Manual 6th Edition'; but not for two seperate books with completely different titles. I DID read the desriptions on the book selling pages, but it was hard to believe that - apart from revisions and so - the art of sampling would really partly consist of exactly the same chapters. I was expecting to pay for 850 pages and to get 850 pages. I understand that it is a major effort for you to do revisions and updates and everything, but still, from a reader's point of view this is not as much obvious as it is for you. So from the reader's point of view, from your 850 pages, the reader has a value of 600 pages (roughly). Here, when using the "reader" term, I speak about me personally. There may be people who scan every single word and are happy to find one phrase that is different in one of the two books. But thats not my style of reading books. Furthermore, I respect that there may be many people out there, who only buy one of the two books and who will be completely happy. And other people who buy both books and who are very happy with both books because they can appreciate the things which are unique in any of the two books.

But from my point of view, when remembering your analogy about the iPad and iPad mini, here is how it felt for me. Imagine you buy an album of a music artist. You really like what you hear and thus go and buy a second album. Both albums have unique titles and none of them is titled 'Best of' or so. What you can expect is that on both albums you will identify the same musical style or the same instruments. You can also expect that one album contains one or two pieces of music which are cover versions or remakes of pieces on the other album. But something you would not expect is that both albums have let's say 12 tracks each and 6 tracks of the one album are on the second album in more or less the same version. Only maybe for revision, on one of the double tracks a snare drum is interchanged by a hi-hat, or a track is faded out at minute 2:55 instead of minute 3:13.
      I accept that you may not be able to agree that this analogy applies to your work. But from my point of view, when skimming the second book, I was feeling exactly as described in the analogy. If you try to understand the analogy and try to imagine what kind of irritation this may produce, I hope you can understand that I was disappointed.

So ignore the insults, ignore the misinterpretations, but respect my disappointment.
      Last edited by Jackadelic; 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

^^^^Yo been heard fam...Loud and clear!! At this point keep it movin...keep the book or ask for a refund!! This is a stand up dude...enuff already!! Duece!!
        TruthNOC
        www.battlerapblog.com
        www.battlerapbeats.com
        https://soundcloud.com/battlerapbeats

Comment

"So with this statement you want to accuse me for not owning the book at all and just rioting around without knowing the book? What kind of bullshit is that? First of all, Sa'id was able to verify that I bought the book here. Second, I am accused here for making trouble and to spread insults. But with this statement, actually you are insulting me by suggesting that I invented some random stuff. So in what kind are you thinking that your discussion is better than mine. For real, keep out of this!"--Jackadelic

So now I'm in it? Smh, nah. I wasn't challenging if you bought the book. I was saying that if you feel he didn't provide good enough information or it could have been better then write your own book (or an ebook) so that you can inform people and help someone out.
          "I'm a chef, not chief, cause i don't recruit/ I take a well known loop and chop it up like fruit."

https://soundcloud.com/da-real-bingo

Comment

Originally posted by jjbing3 View Post
            Smh, nah. I wasn't challenging if you bought the book. I was saying that if you feel he didn't provide good enough information or it could have been better then write your own book (or an ebook) so that you can inform people and help someone out.
            Oh ok, so I misunderstood that, sorry. But concerning the beatmaking book I should've posted... I rather wait with that one until I got enough knowledge
            Last edited by Jackadelic; 03-26-2013, 09:53 PM.

Comment

RE:

I just wanted to thank you for sharing Martin Smith's review of the BeatTips Manual. You've prepared a well-written post. All that you can find interesting on this topic is also can be traced at http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/hip-hop-culture-essay! Check it out!

Comment

Working...
              X