Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GladysHill
    replied
    Yes, I agreed to this " P said that beatmaking came naturally to Havoc".
    Last edited by GladysHill; 06-20-2018, 05:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bose
    replied
    And i think the canadian rapper/producer classified has made some great stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Bose
    replied
    Jeru the Damaja. i think he produced his third album Heroes4Hire by himself.

Leave a comment:

• sonray
    replied
    did anyone mention Lil' Fame aka Fizzy Womack

Leave a comment:

• mannyd
    replied
    Originally posted by jjbing3 View Post
    I said black milk already. So lets add Kev Brown instead.
    Ah damn, yes you did. Lol. I thought I had one!

Leave a comment:

• jjbing3
    replied
    Originally posted by mannyd View Post
    ..Black Milk.
    I said black milk already. So lets add Kev Brown instead.

Leave a comment:

• mannyd
    replied
    Also..

..Black Milk.

Leave a comment:

• Architect
    replied
    Oddisee and Nottz are both producer/rappers that haven't been mentioned. I'm a big fan of them both.

Leave a comment:

• Alessandro
    replied
    Wow this is very nice that a Emcee can also did beats because most of Emcees are only DJ's and Event organizers but mostly of them are not make beats so i am getting wondered after listen this anyways this is very nice and i think it is the most important message for all the other Emcees who are working as a DJ and Event Planning...

Leave a comment:

• jjbing3
    replied
    Originally posted by john carlo View Post
    Interesting. I didn't even know Prodigy had an autobiography. I've been listening to them since "Hit it from the back". The Infamous is one of the best HipHop albums of all time in my book. Top ten, at least.
    Yeah, I read an article before that said that P was doing it first but obviously Havoc started doing it better but they both get production credits on stuff anyway. Havoc even did a beatmaking video.

Leave a comment:

• Cus
    replied
    weird, rite. from what i understand....prodigy taught havoc how to make beats. and yes...the documentary is in theaters now.

Leave a comment:

• john carlo
    replied
    Interesting. I didn't even know Prodigy had an autobiography. I've been listening to them since "Hit it from the back". The Infamous is one of the best HipHop albums of all time in my book. Top ten, at least.

Leave a comment:

• BrandonF42088
    replied
    This is a great list! How about - Bronze Nazreth of Wisemen

Prodigy did make some beats for Juvenile Hell and according to Prodigys autobiography he started making beats before Havoc but Hav really took off with it and became the duos producer/beatmaker and Prodigy became the main rapper. P said that beatmaking came naturally to Havoc.
    Last edited by BrandonF42088; 09-21-2011, 10:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• john carlo
    replied
    I don't think the Alchemist was mentioned. And speaking of Q-Tip (in Cus' post), there's a new documentary on the Tribe, directed by Mike Rappaport. Dope. Saw it last week. I don't know whether or not it's been released. Someone sent me a link.

Oh, and can't forget Havoc (or is it Prodigy who makes the beats in Mobb Deep...I think Havoc).
    Last edited by john carlo; 09-22-2011, 12:23 AM. Reason: correction

Leave a comment:

• jjbing3
    replied
    Since you repped for the old school I guess I'll come with a few emcees from the newer school, but first let me just say that I think a lot of producers who also rap rapped first. I've heard some say that they wanted to rap but didnt have any tracks to rap over so they started making their own.

Kanye West
    David Banner
    Pharrel of the Neptunes (rap/sing)
    9th Wonder
    Andre 3000
    Eminem
    Mobb Deep
    J Dilla
    J Cole
    Big K.R.I.T
    Black Milk

Leave a comment: