Led Zeppelin Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Led Zeppelin Thread

I'm starting this thread for discussion about Led Zeppelin, one of my "Magnificent 21". (My "Magnificent 21" refers to the 21 recording artists that have had the most influence over my musical direction).

Favorite Led Zeppelin Album?

Led Zeppelin I

-Sa'id

sigpic
    The BeatTips Manual, 5th Edition
    Available now!

BeatTips - The most trusted name in beatmaking and hip hop/rap music education.

i have definitely heard about him! but never really got to know about him or his music

Comment

Led Zeppelin is not a "him" but a group of men, John Paul Jones - Bass/Keys John Henry Bonham - Drums/Percussion Robert Plant - Vocals/Tambourine Jimmy Page - Lead Guitar

Favorite Zep Album

IV (on vinyl)
      But I've heard his beat "beats", and he really goes in like a monster... So yo, Castro, stop frontin', and post that heat! -Sa'id
      www.castrobeats.bandcamp.com

Comment

IV is great but i think the most adventurous and experimental album is physical graffiti. it has some interesting music which really took them to a new level. also, bonhams drums are just amazing. there are a few beats of his which are great to sample
        http://www.myspace.com/bossfromla

Comment

Led Zeppelin is legendary. One of the best rock groups ever.

Disc 1 of the Led Zeppelin box set if that counts, otherwise Led Zeppelin IV

The first 4 Led Zeppelin albums are classics

Comment

I don't know if this is just rumor or speculation, but I've read places that the reason Zeppelin had different engineer on every album was because Jimmy Page wanted people to know that it was him responsible for their sound, which happened to be a style that recorded the ambiance. I don't remember where I read that, but there was a studio I would go to and rather then be in a booth, he would put me in the middle of this big room. When I asked him, a middle aged 80's big hair rock musician (now with a army haircut) who has toured and recorded etc etc, he said this is how Zepp did it, they let it breathe so to speak. I think it was the right move.
            But I've heard his beat "beats", and he really goes in like a monster... So yo, Castro, stop frontin', and post that heat! -Sa'id
            www.castrobeats.bandcamp.com

Comment

Originally posted by Castro Beats View Post
              I don't know if this is just rumor or speculation, but I've read places that the reason Zeppelin had different engineer on every album was because Jimmy Page wanted people to know that it was him responsible for their sound, which happened to be a style that recorded the ambiance. I don't remember where I read that, but there was a studio I would go to and rather then be in a booth, he would put me in the middle of this big room. When I asked him, a middle aged 80's big hair rock musician (now with a army haircut) who has toured and recorded etc etc, he said this is how Zepp did it, they let it breathe so to speak. I think it was the right move.
              interesting
              A Kid Named Cus
              Writer for Beattips.com
              twitter.com/kidcus

Comment

Led Zeppelin - "Misty Mountain Top"

Led Zeppelin, in my opinion, one of the top 3 bands of all time, where able to really mix-it up without ever really leaving there core: the blues. Upon first listen, "Misty Mountain Top" might sound like a power rock song; however, if you listen closely on subsequent listens, you will undoubtedly notice that the fundamental melody riff is "down-home" American blues... This is one of the most incredible creations Led Zeppelin ever put forth...
                -Sa'id

sigpic
                The BeatTips Manual, 5th Edition
                Available now!

BeatTips - The most trusted name in beatmaking and hip hop/rap music education.

Comment

Working...
                X